Drive-in racking systems offer high density storage, perfect for batch loading and unloading for last in first out system method of storage and retrieval. Drive-in racks allow users to store multiple pallets deep in each bay, minimizing the number of access aisles and often increasing storage capacity by up to 40%.
Drive-in racking can store up to 30% more than conventional selective racking due to reducing the need for picking aisles.
• Most cost effective high density storage solution
• Utilizes space efficiently
• Eliminates aisles, increasing storage density
• Available in roll formed or structural steel
• Pallets placed in a back-to-front arrangement
• Store products on continuous rails that allow lift trucks to place and retrieve pallets
• 2-10 pallet deep system
• Drive in racking available in single or double wide applications
• LIFO – Last In First Out storage and retrieval system
• High volume, low SKU storage – Warehouses storing large quantity of the same product
• Cold storage facilities
• Storage of common sized pallets
• Seasonal items that move quickly out of inventory
• Staging Areas – Situations where an entire bay would be moved at once
For Drive in rack, we recommend storing anywhere from 2 to 10 pallets deep per bay.
As the fork truck enters the rack at the entry/exit point, the fork truck operator must ensure the pallet is a few inches higher than the rails and then drive the pallet to the farthest available pallet position and lower the fork slowly until it rests on the rail. Drive in rack uses two rails which are installed within the rack to support the weights of the pallets. The fork lift operator must load the pallets from top to bottom or vice versa, but must load an entire column of pallets before moving on to the next column in order to maximize storage efficiencies.
Drive in rack is best used for storing large quantities of a small number of SKUs and is not recommended for time sensitive products. If you’re looking to maximize storage capacity and eliminate aisles while keeping costs at a minimum then drive in racks are perfect for you. Although drive in rack is very cost effective, the price comes with sacrificing product selectivity and the added liability of fork lifts operators entering the rack structure.
Explore other racking systems we offer
Storage solutions for every industry
Interested in this product?
TALK TO A RACK SPECIALIST
We’ll recommend a custom solution for your space.